New Board Members
Richard Joslin and Tyler Sinclair have graciously volunteered to become the newest members of the Hampton Bays Historical Society’s Board of Directors. Both men have been lifelong residents of our hamlet, and are active in the community. Welcome Rich and Tyler!
This coming season will be a busy one! We have planned our Lecture Series, the Arts and Antiques Fair will take place on the front lawn in June and September, and we have increased our museum hours. Starting the first weekend of June through Columbus Day weekend, the Lyzon Hat Shop Museum and the Prosper King House will be open to visitors on Friday and Saturday 10am -1pm.
116 West Montauk Highway
Hampton Bays, NY 11946
The Hampton Bays Historical & Preservation Society’s mission is to enhance pride and community involvement in Hampton Bays.
- Preserve Hampton Bays’ historic past.
- Restore historic structures and sites worthy of preservation efforts.
- Inspire Hampton Bays to record our history and preserve our heritage for future generations.
- Develop positive attitudes towards archives and libraries as places for life-long learning.
- Educate the general public and students about our “unique” heritage through our monthly lecture series, quarterly “Good Ground Newsletter,” special events and exhibitions.