2022 Hampton Bays Historical Society Summer Update
New Board Members
Richard Joslin and Tyler Sinclair have graciously volunteered to become the newest members of the Hampton Bays Historical Society’s Board of Directors. Both men have been lifelong residents of our hamlet, and are active in the community. Welcome Rich and Tyler!
Summer and Fall 2022
This coming season will be a busy one! We have planned our Lecture Series, the Arts and Antiques Fair will take place on the front lawn in June and September, and we have increased our museum hours. Starting the first weekend of June through Columbus Day weekend, the Lyzon Hat Shop Museum and the Prosper King House will be open to visitors on Friday and Saturday 10am -1pm. Our Annual Membership Meeting will take place on Friday, June 24th 5pm to 7pm. Please join us!
Highlights from 2021-2022
- The recipient of our annual scholarship has been chosen and will be announced at the High School Awards ceremony on June 24th.
- A flagpole was donated by Pat Hagen-Tuccio in memory of her brother and former board member, Kenneth Langsdorf. The flagpole was placed in front of the King house with refreshed landscaping.
- Furniture was purchased this winter at Privet Consignment Shop in Riverhead to further enhance the displays in the Lyzon.
- Thank you to all who participated at the Winter Fundraising Dinner at the Villa Paul in January. It was wonderful to see so many familiar faces and catch up with you.
- Accomplished artist Tykie Ganz, born and raised in Hampton Bays, donated prints and original paintings from her collection to the Historical Society. This artwork is currently on display on the first floor of the Lyzon. Thank you for your generosity, Tykie!
- Lastly, we were very fortunate to have two college interns help us organize and preserve our collection of historic artifacts, documents, etc. Thank you Chase and Yan.
The Board of Directors trust you will support our efforts to preserve our history and educate our community about its rich and unique past. Please renew your membership by completing the enclosed form or visit our website www.hpbhps.org and use Paypal.
We look forward to seeing you this summer and thank each member for your continued support.
Brenda Sinclair Berntson, Kelly King, Maria Hudson Smith, Rosemarie King, Patricia Hagen-Tuccio, Frances Oldeack, Walter Jackson, Liliaerty Dulfer Green, Richard Joslin, Tyler Sinclair
Our “Headquarters” – The Lyzon Hat Shop
116 West Montauk Highway
Hampton Bays, NY 11946
The Hampton Bays Historical & Preservation Society’s mission is to enhance pride and community involvement in Hampton Bays.
- Preserve Hampton Bays’ historic past.
- Restore historic structures and sites worthy of preservation efforts.
- Inspire Hampton Bays to record our history and preserve our heritage for future generations.
- Develop positive attitudes towards archives and libraries as places for life-long learning.
- Educate the general public and students about our “unique” heritage through our monthly lecture series, quarterly “Good Ground Newsletter,” special events and exhibitions.